Pre-Treatment Instructions For all cosemtic enhancement Procedures
Including injections like Botox and Fillers
• You are NOT a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• DO NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment
(alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
• Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of
2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin
E, Ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Worth, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements,
Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAID have a blood thinning effect and
can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
• Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a
special event that you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation.
Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7
days appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
Sculptra does take longer to see results so plan accordingly with your provider.
• Discontinue Retin-A two (2) days before and two (2) days after treatment.
• Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash,
cold sore or blemish on the area.
• If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put
you on an anti-viral medication proper to treatment.
• Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your
procedure. This will decrease the chances of light-headedness during your
• DO NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment. DO NOT
receive facial/laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for
at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of
• Some providers believe that smiling and frowning right after Botox treatments
helps the Botox finds is way to the muscle into which it was injected after
• DO NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the
Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
• It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result
is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional Botox. You
are charged for the amount of product used. Therefore, you will be charged for a
product used during any touch-up or subsequent appointments.
• DO NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise
for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not
Post-Treatment Instructions Dermal Filler
• Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by
• Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours
• Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
• If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour as
needed throughout the day.
• Use Tylenol for discomfort.
• Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
• Take Arnica to help the bruising and swelling, start at least 2 days prior to